Monday, November 19, 2012

Local Wildlife: Lucky 14 Handmade

 

Why Lucky 14? I thought the same thing and it was the first question I asked Beatriz upon meeting her last week. The name has been a work in progress for a number of years and continues to be a constant influence in her life. It's just one of the those weird and unexplained reoccurring things (in her case a number) that seems to appear everywhere. Lucky 14 Handmade is an amazing collection of knit scarves and accessories. Beatriz, the designer and founder of the Lucky 14, is self taught/her sister-in-law originally taught her. She has since evolved and creates her own beautiful patterns and designs. Her inspiration often comes from her hometown of Vancouver, BC (which you might notice in the names of her knits). She sources her yarn and wools from the internet looking for the finest quality there is... and trust me it is amazing!! I have just recently made my first purchase from Lucky 14, buying the Gullywasher Eternity Scarf in the WINE (# 4) colourway and it did not disappoint... I may never take it off! To view our selection of Lucky 14 Handmade scarves and accessories just click HERE.  You can pick from the amazing colour palette, and there's lots of amazing options!! P.S.Look for more styles coming soon as well !

baby alpaca wool + words won't do this justice + honestly one of the softest materials i've ever felt

+ yarn for days +
wooden buttons she has custom made and laser engraved


a cat's dream house... unlimited yarn balls! 

pillows made from baby alpaca yarn
 

the gullywasher scarf + one of the Lucky 14 knits we carry in the boutique + colour; wine


++ more fabulous eternity scarves ++

where the magic happens ++ right from the comfort of her couch!


++ just me, loving my Gullywasher scarf ++

1 comment:

  1. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work.
    Skull Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete